Return to Forum
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Hide my Email address in a post?
Your email address is only required for registration. You do not have to include it in your posts. If it is there you can delete it the next time you post
Adding a link to a post
URL’s typed into posts will automatically converted into links
Adding an image to a post
To display an image you must surround the URL pointing to
the image with [img][/img] tags. For example:
Replace the items in red with the location and name of your own image
Adding a YouTube Video to a post
To display a Youtube video you
must surround the ID code of the video with [yt][/yt] tags. For example:
Replace the items in red with the ID code of your video. The ID code is the series of letters that follows v= in the URL of the video
For example to embed the video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsoDKqwRZhg
You type [yt]rsoDKqwRZhg[/yt]
DO NOT use the Youtube embed code – it will not work
Adding an Avatar to your Profile (NEW)
To display an avatar click on "My Profile" to edit your profile. Then click on the button to the right of "Optional Image Filename:"
a window will open which will allow you to select a file from your computer and upload it to our server. Files must be 20kb or less.
Confirm that the image is displayed in your profile - the image will become your avatar
Adding your Photos to Our Gallery (NEW)
Pictures uploaded to our server are included in our photo galleries. Click on "Gallery Index" above takes you to the photo gallery view. Clicking on a photo takes you to the post in which that photo is included. The first image in the post is the gallery image - the remaining images in a post can be seen when the post is opened.
To upload pictures to our server click on the "Choose file" button to the right of "Upload embedded file" A window will open allowing you to upload images from your computer. Special image tags will surround the file name and you can then proceed to upload additional images. When you are done submit the post. The images will be uploaded and the first image will become the gallery image. Images will be automatically resized to 800px on the widest side.
Of course you do not have to use this feature and can continue to link images from outside servers. Those images will not become part of our gallery
If you are viewing the gallery you can always click on "Return to Index" to return to the text based index for that forum
- Ours is a culture of respect and tolerance. Please, no hate, drama or SHOUTING here.
- Respond to the ideas being expressed, not the person expressing them.
- Please, no trolling. This is not the right place to antagonize, provoke, inflame, or cause controversy. Use the “Trouble Ticket” system to report an inflammatory post.
- Everyone starts from somewhere. Be nice and help the newbies, not bash them.
- Excessively crass sex talk and vulgar language are not welcome here. And no swearing in thread titles please.
- Unless someone specifically asks for your critical opinion of their work, you should not give one.
- Mature images are not to be posted in the forums.